I want to start out by stating that today was a good day. Mike received his certificates from his MRCA Academy. Which means he is certified in wildland firefighting. Im very proud of him and his amazing accomplishment. Hopefully he will get to fight some good fires this season. Im sure he will, being as how dry everything is right now, its only a matter of time before we get the "big" one we are all waiting for.
As for the update on myself, as most of you already know, i was laid off the end of June, due to budgets, and work loads. I am continually being told that i will be back soon, and that this lay off or furlough is just temporary. I can only hope and wish that its true. Ive never been more happy in my life when im working for the FD. In the meantime i will continue to work hard with the volunteering aspect of the dept. Ive come too far, and its been too long to just give up now. I wont do it. I refuse. With that being said, its only a matter of time till im back where my heart lies, doing what i love to do everyday.
Time to turn the page
Ever wonder who your friends really are? I mean i know who mine are, but sometimes i wonder about some of them. I truly try my hardest to be there for each and everyone of my friends, even the ones i dont really talk to much. When they need me im there unconditionally, whether it be by phone, text, email, fb, or me at the door with a tub of ice cream, im always trying to be there for them. Ive been feeling lately that i really do a lot for certain friends of mine, but yet its not being reciprocated back to myself. Now i am not supportive of them for the reason i wish them to be back to me, but it would be nice to know in advance, that way i dont put as much as myself into their support team knwoing i dont get much back in return. But hey its who i am to be there 110%. Maybe its time to only be there 100% or even 90, 85.... whatever the number be.. im just getting tired of being there for others, and when im in need, they fall off the face of the earth or just show you with their actions that they really dont give a crap about you, but expect you to be there for them anyway. Growing up dont we learn how to treat others how we want to be treated??? Some people really need to follow in that lesson. Big changes are happening in my life, and i wish i had the support and companionship from my friends as i give them.Some people will never grow up. I will continue to grow, and if that means that i distance myself from these people then so be it. I dont deserve to be treated with disrespect, and i wont tolerate it anymore.
Other than that, Summer is here and im loving every minute of it. Gone beach camping just about once a month since April, and the next trip is possibly going to be the end of Aug. So if yo uwould like to join in on that then let me know and i will keep you posted!
That is all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment